Hello, fellow author!
Thank you so much for helping out with the donations!
What I need
If you would like to donate your book for the drawing, email me at email@example.com. I need the following information:
- Book Title (You can donate as many titles as you want.
- The format you wish to enter for the giveaway (Paperback, audio, or ebook)
- An Amazon buy link (preferred), the Goodreads URL, or the website URL for the book
- Each author is responsible for shipping out their own book to the selected winner (Please keep in mind shipping costs for international shipping as you are responsible for shipping expense. Just to give you an idea. I shipped Dolor and Shadow from New York to Ontario and it costs $25.00 for shipping alone).
- You can donate your book(s) right up until 17 December 2015.
- All genres are accepted.
- If you enter a book, you may not join the drawing.
- If you enter a book, we encourage you to sign up for the corresponding Facebook event on 18 December 2015 where we will announce the winner.
- If you donate a book, or are scheduled for the Facebook event, we cordially ask that you share the event and invite members.
- Please have your books to the readers within 4 to 6 weeks. This will put 29 January 2015 as the latest date readers should have your books.
Is it too late to donate?
Not at all! 🙂 Readers can enter the drawing and authors can donate a book up until 8:00 PM EST on 18 December 2015 when I select the three winners on Facebook here.
Can I donate more than one book of the same title?
Yes. However, we ask that this kind of giveaway be reserved for the Facebook giveaway party on the 18th. That way one winner will not win multiple copies of the same book. More information on this below.
Can I donate more than one book by the same author?
Yes. If you have multiple books you wish to give away (Example: All seven books from the Harry Potter series) we welcome your donation.
Can I donate any format?
Yes. We accept all book formats including MOBI, ePub, PDF, Audio, paperback, and anything else you can think of.
What if I don’t have a Facebook account?
Get one! *said in a playful manner* Yes. You can still join the party and donate, but keep in mind, this may limit your ability to contact the winner, which you will need to do to deliver your book. Read more on advantages for having a Facebook account.
This is my first Facebook Takeover event. What is a “Takeover?”
A Takeover involves a Facebook Event. When an author hosts an event, that author is faced with hours in which they have to fill with prizes, activities, and events. To be honest, it’s a lot of time to fill. A takeover is when an author offers time (usually an hour) to other authors to fill the time. This brings in more readers. For instance. Say, C.L. Schneider has a book release coming up (which she does in 2016), so she hosts a Facebook Release Party. These events usually last from 10:00 to 2:00. She tells her readers and they tell their friends. But now Cindy has four hours to talk up her book. It’s a lot and, at most, she can easily fill an hour… Maybe two in that time. To boost her readers and take the pressure off, she may invite me to talk for that hour. Now I bring my readers and we “reader swap.” My readers find Cindy’s books. Cindy’s readers find my book. But why stop there? Cindy may invite, Chess Desalls, and Matt Harrill, and Adam Dreece. Cindy would extend the 10:00 to 2:00 event time out to 10:00 that night and keep the event rolling all day long!
The takeover is that hour assigned to each other to promote their books. Win for the featured author. Win for the guest authors. Win for the readers.
Do you have any ideas for what I can do for my hour?
I have two books published and an anthology. I also have short stories and a kick-ass website my readers love. That gives me four things to talk about and promote. I also have Bergen who I use (YES! I USE YOU BERGEN!). When I am invited to a takeover, I slot 15 minutes to my fantasy, 15 minutes to my memoir, 15 minutes to the anthology, and 15 minutes to promote my website and recruit subscribers. Using Bergen’s personality (and my experience in theater), I improvise a battle between Bergen and I. Bergen usually gives my books away and we argue about various topics. This quickly fills an hour.
How do you run a giveaway during a takeover?
I have seen so many wonderful ideas for this! The most popular are as follows:
- Post a unique coffee mug (I received a lot of responses on this one)
- Post a cat picture/video
- Post a fantasy picture
- Post a fantasy gown picture
- Post a sexy man (romance readers)
- Post a spaceship picture (SCI-FI fans)
- Post an alcohol quote (Bergen’s idea)
- Name your favorite book
- Caption this picture (one of my favorites)
- Write a 500 word story on this picture
In all these cases, the one who proposes the giveaway, selects a random winner or selects their favorite post. They also name the prize and are responsible for sending it to the winner.
When the winners are selected, how will I deliver my book to the winner?
When the winners are selected, their Facebook names will be posted on the Facebook event page so authors can be directed to the winner’s Facebook page where they can be messaged. Also, I will be emailing each of the winners, notifying them of their win. If the winner does not have a Facebook page, I will arrange another means of communication between authors and winners. Winner’s names will be posted here. If your winner does not get back to you, or you can not reach your winner for delivery, let me know so I can email them directly.
If you still have questions or concerns, or need help, you are welcome to email me 🙂 firstname.lastname@example.org