I love research and doing the most for my readers. When I’m not writing and networking, I’m researching how better to please my readers.
This is an article I found. Top 10 Peeves from Booksellers and Readers about Author Websites Instead of scattering this information around my site, I have pasted the list here and am answering each question in turn.
- #1 – Series links are not easily identifiable. This should be its own special link on the home page!
I have a number of series I am working on. Tales of the Drui (which will be getting a name change and its own website fall 2018). I also have the Zombies From Space series and The Letters.
- # 2 Printable book list – This makes it so easy for the reader to print and take to the bookstore! And makes it even easier for the bookseller!
I agree! Here it is! PDF Book List
- #3 A contact the author link should be visible on the home page. It’s the easiest way for us to tell you how great your books are!
I do have this on the menu bar on all pages. Here it is again for easy access.
- #4 The most recent book should be featured on front page with sequel links, etc.
Fire and Lies (Tales of the Drui Book #2) is my newest release 1 July 2016.
- #5 – Everywhere there is a book mentioned, there should be a 13 digit ISBN . . .
I use a plugin that adds the ISBN to the book information page every time my books appear.
- #6 – Coming soon should be on the first page as well. And update it often . . . it’s what keeps us coming back!!!
“Coming Soon” is my home page. You can see the progress here under “Book News.”
- #7 – Don’t make us work to buy/sell your books! Keep things simple . . .
Hence this list 🙂
- #8 – Who would you compare your stories to?
Oooh! I have been told by many readers that I write like Tad Williams. I’ve also been compared to Edgar Allen Poe and Tolkien. Dolor and Shadow has been compared to Edgar Allan Poe’s telling of Lord of the Rings and Game of Thrones. Broken has been compared to of The Prince of Tides by Pat Conroy and Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson.
- #9 – Let me know future books in a series . . . dates if you have them or general concepts and plans are great too!
Tales of the Drui is my number one series at the moment and is due to release over the next ten years. Here is what it looks like with progress:
Book #1: Dolor and Shadow (May 2015)9780692427026
Book #2 Fire and Lies (July 2016)
Book #3 Bergen: Bane (Fall 2018) Heaving Writing is happening
Book #4 Winter and Ash: (2020) Ready to begin writing first draft.
Book #5 Title TBA (2022)
#10 – Toot your horn — let us know of all the awards you’ve won, etc.