After completing the first of two final edits for Dolor and Shadow, I began work on my next project, Bane. I made it three chapters into Bane, when another project—a more emotionally demanding project—came to mind. When the words are ready, they flow and “Broken” poured out of me.
- 7 March 2015 – Began writing Broken
- 13 March 2015 – 65,000 words written. First draft of Broken complete. Began revision.
- 20 March 2015 – 92,000 words written. Revision and beta-read completed. Began edits.
- 16 April 2015 – 96,316 words written. Final edits complete. Ready for professional edit. Spoke to artist about cover.
For the next six weeks, “Broken” sat in a folder while I focused on the release of Dolor and Shadow on 31 May 2015.
- 1 June 2015 – Broken sent to my editor and my cover artist.
- Received the cover from my cover artists
- 14 July 2015 – Released Broken for pre-order and announced the cover reveal.
- 17 July 2015 – Broken cover reveal and preorder schedule for release
- 10 August 2015 – Broken due back from my editor
- 11 September 2015 – Scheduled release date of “Broken”